'I INVITE AUSTRALIAN CHRISTIANS WHO ARE EXCITED ABOUT THE VISION OF OCA TO CONSIDER MAKING THESE SIX COMMITMENTS.'
-John Anderson AC, Patron of OCA
OCA is keen to extend its ministry internationally and throughout Australia.
The need of the Church in the Developing World for more, competent leaders drives us to seek out partners in Australia who will act as our ambassadors.
One of the wonderful features of OCA is how many of our supporters we have that are committed
to the ministry. The Board determined that it would be a fitting way to acknowledge this
commitment by encouraging some of our partners to identity as a new category of supporter
known as an ‘Ambassador.’
The role of our Ambassadors is to promote the ministry in Australia amongst friends and in
their church, and it is even more than that. The Board also hopes to include Ambassadors in the
conversations about policy and plans for the organisation.
To that end Ambassadors commit to
occasionally visiting colleges and meeting with the Board to discuss their insights. We hope this
will make OCA a smarter organisation so that our mission expands and deepens.
The Six Commitments of an OCA Ambassador:
1. A SPIRITUAL COMMITMENT
- Our faith in Christ is the underpinning of all OCA's activity. Ambassadors will express their faith in prayer for OCA.
- Ambassadors pray for OCA each week.
2. FINANCIAL COMMITMENT
- One key element of OCA's activity is to provide funds to our partner colleges. This is an expression of the fellowship we have in the Gospel.
- Ambassadors contribute financially to OCA's partner colleges.
3. A LEARNING COMMITMENT
- Visiting OCA's partner colleges is an inspiration and gives a unique insight to the work of God. Such visits allow a deeper understanding of OCA's ministry.
- Ambassadors visit a partner college at least every 3 years. This may include formally representing OCA to monitor projects.
4. A FRIENDSHIP COMMITMENT
- OCA grows primarily through supporters introducing their friends to the ministry and encouraging them to become supporters.
- Ambassadors introduce their friends to OCA at events and through networking.
5. A WISDOM COMMITMENT
- OCA is a learning organisation and seeks the input of supporters to help direct our international and Australian activities.
- Ambassadors meet annually, by invitation, with the Executive Director and Board members to advise on current issues.
6. A SERIOUS COMMITMENT
- OCA is committed to long term investments in the Christian leaders of the developing world and looks for supporters who will journey with them.
- Ambassadors commit to serve for a three year time frame and as part of that become a formal member of the Overseas Council Australia Ltd.
If you would like to find out more about becoming an ambassador, contact your OCA regional director.